//

Saturday 7 September 2013

Hypercalcaemia, Hyperparathryoidism & Kidney Stones!

You may have heard of some of these or possibly none. If you have it's probably a condition an older member of your family may suffer with. However in my family i am that older lady! I've had a lot of people ask me about this condition through various things so it seemed logical to make a post about it; especially when it has a daily effect on my life!

About a year ago to the date i was diagnosed with Hypercalcaemia after many trips to A&E with what i thought where severe stomach cramps. Turns out it was kidney stones & around 12 in total! Hypercalcaemia is what caused my stones, i produce too much calcium and as a result it draws the calcium from my bones which can lead to things like osteoporosis so any queries are worth having checked out! A really important factor i've found through various information is the strong link between aspartame an artificial sweetener (found in things like diet coke) and this kind of problem, needless to say i've cut it from my diet!

Unfortunately my roll of bad luck doesn't end there. My Hypercalcaemia is just a sub heading under the condition that is Hyperparathyroidism. If you know what it is i'm guessing you've probably had it and if not then you are really very lucky! Theres no words to describe this awful condition other than a toxic poison! It isolates you and makes you feel at your lowest all the time & can only be fixed through surgery. I had my surgery May 15th 2013 but it unfortunately failed! - Don't worry if your waiting for yours this is again my luck as its really quite rare!

I had no questions about it other than probably the most vainest thought, how bad would my scar be? and honestly it turned out to be the most asked question. Below are a few progressive pictures of my scar because i know when i was waiting i just wanted to see, but it's not the most sociable thing to ask someone! It's not bad but there are days it makes me feel wobbly so if your a bit scream-ish probably best to not look. Also if anyone has any questions or just wants to chat to someone else who's going through the same thing then don't hesitate! i know how it feels when nobody else seems to understand.



                            1 Week // 1 Month // Today



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! xo